Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Nonstop.

Since last Thursday, I've been running nonstop on coffee fumes. Don't get me wrong, it was all worth it. My cousin got married and my whole mom's side of the fam took it upon themselves to join in the fun. Majority of us traveled a short 2-hour drive up to Long Beach on Thursday for the rehearsal while the others met up on Friday for the big event. My job was to recite a reading from the Book of Tobit, the first reading of the mass, followed by checking-in and showing guests to their tables. Along with my cousin from Canada, we were also in charge of passing out tickets for alcohol. Mistake. I'm sure we'll get our karma for sticking a few of those babies into our bras for use later that night. Anyhow, the reception lasted a good 6-7 hours and to say the least, we danced half of the night away once the dance floor was cleared. I was teaching my 4-yr-old girl cousin the two step, electric slide and cha-cha. Watch out now, she's a beast with that criss cross move; it's her fave. And my cute little boy cousins were cleaning the dance floor with their ambitious break dance moves.



This was a good long weekend full of hectic, yet memorable, family bonding. All 9 of my mom's siblings were present minus Mrs. New Jersey and Mr. Reno, Nevada. It wouldn't be a surprise if I gained 20 pounds after moving from house to house to a new family party for every meal from thurs-saturday. Thinking the follies were over, Sunday was a new day. 3 Family parties back in SD that I was unaware I'd be attending until I woke up that morning. And to my surprise, the Canadian cousins and I decided to do some damage at the nearest shopping outlet on Monday.

Anyhow, long story short... It's not like I don't see the fams every weekend. It's just nice to leave SD once in a while as a big ass group packing 5 SUVs and be the life of the party somewhere else. My family is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment