Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happyness.

So... I was watching The Pursuit of Happyness the other day. BTW, Will Smith is still fly even though he's aged and I still love watching Fresh Prince of Bell Air. Anyhow, I asked myself the question, "What makes me happy?" It took me a while to come up with my first answer. But as the list went on and I re-read it, I realized all the little things really do matter to me and much of the things that make me happy were involved with my upbringing and memories of my childhood.

- Waking up to the smell of garlic cuz moms cooked fried rice.
- Drinking hot cocoa & snuggling under a blanket when its raining outside.
- When I take a good look around me at a fam party & see everyone having a good time. Seeing the uncles playing mahjong or poker, aunties playing tongits (filipino card game) & the kids huddled around playing bingo, video games, or smashed on a flight of stairs playing with their DS.


- When I hella laugh until my cheeks hurt about nothing.
- Intellectual conversations about views on life, morals, love, and loss.
- Conversations w/moms about what's made us stronger & how unfortunate circumstances have greater purpose.
- The feeling that your soul has been cleansed after church.
- When I have a patient that is so appreciative of the effort I put into providing them with care.
- When I meet someone new and hella bond with them at that first meeting.
- When I hear someone speak so passionately about something they love.
- Receiving a package in the mail.
- Girl talk with my female cousins.
- Receiving hugs & kisses from baby cousins.
- When these cuties say, "I love you Ate Gia!"


- Being in the operating room.
- Learning something new.
- People who love art and use it as their outlet like I do.


- Watching medical and forensics shows (Mystery Diagnosis & CSI).
- Talking human anatomy or in medical terminology.
- Painting or drawing and feeling proud of my work afterwards.
- Thoughtful surprises, no matter how simple.
- Hours of playing board games with friends.
- Being cocky by saying, "YOU'RE DONE SON!!" before playing scrabble, pictionary, or clue and end up actually winning.
- Beating a bunch of guys at pusoy dos, bones, or mahjong repeatedly cuz girls can do it too fellas!
- Swimming in a pool and just floating on my back so I can look at the sky.
- Retail therapy [aka shopping]
- Seeing my friend/significant other smile so big after they open the gift I got them.
- Crashing on my bed after a long ass day.
- Coming home to a clean room.
- Coming home from Philippines and appreciating things more.
- Being complete at our Annual Xmas party




Damn, this blog really makes me smile. My list can go on forever but uhhh that's enough for now.
Peace easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment