Thursday, July 9, 2009

Simplicity is Key.

I've never been a fan of cocky ass jerks with egos fit for a pro basketball team that just won the finals. And it irritates me, to say the least, when you try choppin it up with an old friend and they have nothing better to discuss than how much they're banking and what car they drive. Honestly, I don't give a care.

If you act like your shit don't stank, please turn around to the person behind you and see if they'll listen.

It saddens me to see a man's (?) swag points move down into the negative end of the spectrum because they're waaaay too into their kicks sayin, "nahhhh no more dunks for me. just js now" (even though i'm a sucker for sneaks and sneakerheads). And how sad is it that you trade in that fly ass nissan 300zx for a bmw? What a way to blend in. Nowadays, when I catch up with people, I don't know if i'm talking to old friends or their new blown up egos. Seriously, who are you trying to impress?

I mean yeah maybe you worked hard and are still grinding everyday to make that paper. To those select few, I admire you for your tenacity to rise above. I'll even give you a big, "You deserve it!!" But to the rest of you, there is a thing called HUMILITY.

I'd go hubba hubba for a fella soaked up in some humility. You see, I really love me some simplicity. Sure, I get caught up materialistically (is that even a word?) if I have a bill or two to splurge on myself or on gifts just like the rest of us. But those simple things... those are a killer. Bring me some soup when I'm sick. Leave me a love note on my car window. Be proud that I'm your girl when i'm sporting sweats and no makeup. Recite a line or two from my fave chick flick like it's never been used before. Stuff that only a cornball would do gets me more than a brand new Coach or Louie bag. Seriously.

At least i'm not a gold digger right?

No comments:

Post a Comment