I FINALLY got my Asos package yesterday, but it was a complete FAIL. I ordered the items seen
here. The long sleeve tunic/dress looked so unflattering. It was too long, which isn't a big deal because I could get it hemmed to be above the knee. As much I tried to make it work with tights or booties, I couldn't shake the fact that I looked like I was graduating again in my graduation gown. And the piece that I was most excited about was the one shoulder dress in navy with gold embellishment... I ordered true to size, but it was still slumping off. Again, this wouldn't be a big deal because I could get it altered. However, according to my mom, I looked like a majorette and all I needed was my boots & baton. That might sound harsh, but I trust my mom's judgement.
BOOOO. So much for overcoming my online shopping fear! This is so not the business.
This is no offense to Asos because I love the quality of their pieces. I just need more practice selecting items. I think you just really have to get lucky. I mean... I know my body well, what materials and shapes to look for... so I don't know what went wrong. Oh well... $55 back into my pocket.
Online shopping, I will conquer you one day.
BOO! so sorry about that gianne! hope this makes you feel a lil better:
ReplyDeletehttp://bigbeautyfulmess.blogspot.com/2011/01/torrid-accessory-giveaway-winner.html
;-)
ASOS can be hit or miss for me. Usually they seem to run true to size, but my last order almost everything was a bit large :( Love your blog by the way!
ReplyDeleteAdrienne
http://lolarocksclothing.blogspot.com/
I ordered that blue dress too and it was a train wreck on me. But i did keep 3 things. I'm going to try them again though.
ReplyDelete