Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thrifty Minnie.

WARNING: Photo heavy :)

Spent some QT with my mom doing one of our favorite things on a Saturday afternoon... thrift shopping. We spent a total of $37.61 for 2 jean jackets, an over-sized knit sweater, a long-sleeved blouse, sparkly knit shirt, a pair of heels, and a purse. What a total STEAL.

We love thift-shopping for 4 reasons:
1) We love rummaging through racks to find treasures.
2) Everything is sold for such a bargain! They have different colored tags on items and every Saturday, they have a special like, "Everything 50% off EXCEPT green tags." How awesome is that?!
3) The things you find are vintage & one-of-a-kind.
4) It's one of our favorite pastimes & favorite way to spend QT

Here are the treasures I found today:

1) Oversized black sparkly top with silver sparkles ($2.50)
--This photo doesn't do it any justice. It looks way better on than on a hanger.


2) 3/4 Sleeved Jean jacket. ($2.50)
--Simple & classic. Nothing fancy. I wanted a jean jacket for the spring to layer over a pretty dress with ruffles or a flower print.


3) Madden Girl heels in Black ($2.00)
--These hurt a little. Even though they've been worn, I need to break them in with MY feet. But at $2?! C'mon... I couldn't pass that up.




4) Victoria Secret hand bag in Black ($15)
-- Canvas material, faux snake skin trimmings, gold zipper and gold detailing. I almost didn't buy this beauty because $15 on one item in a thift store is pushing it, but it was barely used and in such good condition; the inside hot pink lining is as clean as a whistle and there was still a protective plastic covering over the front name plate.



That's all for my thrift shopping adventure with my mom, but we headed to another one of our discount merchandise stores since we were in the area. She treated me to a pair of new boots not just because they were 40% off (discounted to $18), but because she thought they were so cute and wouldn't let me leave the store without them. How nice of her ♥ They're some knock-off uggs: dark brown, knitted-like material on the outside, soft & furry on the inside and buttons lining the sides.

Pretty similar to the real Uggs don't you think?


Lastly, I've been on an Etsy shopping spree. Well, not really... just two items. I'd like to call these two items, "A tribute to my childhood obsessions." And at 23 years of age, I realize these obsessions never really went away.

1) Hello Kitty: Hello Kitty bow ring
--I've been a fan of Sanrio since I was like 4 or 5 even before the Hello Kitty craze started. I remember walking into the store at that age and falling in love. I swore I'd visit Japan one day so I could see the legit stuff. Whenever my parents, aunts, or uncles brought me with them to the mall, we couldn't leave until I got my Sanrio fix (they spoiled me). Even a sheet of stickers was heaven for me. My room was full of nothing but Sanrio character items. My obsession toned down during my teen years, when I had a little more tomboy in me & Sanrio wasn't as cool anymore. Plus, these Hello-Kitty-all-things-pink-and-girly fans kind of got on my nerves (no offense!) so I disowned Sanrio for a while. But I'm starting to love it all over again ♥


--Who doesn't love Disney & Disneyland?! Minnie is by far my favorite Disney character of all time. So naturally, seeing this pendant was love at first sight. Minnie + personalized? Done deal. Spiffycool (check link above) does initial versions of this pendant, but she was such a sweetheart and agreed to fit my whole nickname in it. I really like personalized jewelry, mostly because my name is unique. Remember those days when you'd go into a souvenir shop and bought one of those cool license plate keychains or one of those Disneyland mugs with your name on it? That. Was. Not. Me. because my name was uncommon & I was always a little bitter when I had to buy the license plate keychain that was blank and came with letter stickers so I can put my name on it myself. I laugh now & cherish it more when I see personalized buys like this.

Happy shopping, loves ♥

1 comment:

  1. Such great finds! im soooo jealous!
    Im going thrifting tomorrow! wish me luck!!!:)
    -Jaz
    http://www.fluffyfashioncents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete